Sunday, December 4, 2011

Can I get a native status card?

My Grandma is half native and has her status card. My mom only has native in her from her moms side so that makes her about a quarter native making me only like a sixteenth. My mom doesn't have her status card yet but she's trying to get one. If she can get one will I be able to get one. If so what do you have to do in order to get one?|||Each tribe has their own rules governing who qualifies for a status card.





Being that your not even a quarter native, the chances of you getting one are slim to none.





My wife is 50% native, her dad is 100% and her mom is white, but since her mother is not native she does not qualify with her tribe. Our children are 25% and also get nothing.|||As said. It depends on the tribe and most go by the mother. In most cases yes you can become an enrolled member. I know you could in the tribe I am a member of. My children are 1/2 American Indian and are members of our tribe.|||It all depends on whether you qualify.





Also, no offense, but your math skills really need working on! If your mother is 1/4 native, you would be 1/8.|||it depends on the tribe, but you do need to work on your math skills

No comments:

Post a Comment