Thursday, December 15, 2011

Work permit, adjustment of status, green card, unemployment benefits?

I had a work permit for a couple of years before become a permanent resident through marriage, I lost my job because of the economy and I'm waiting for my green card to show up in the mail. Am i eligible to apply for unemployment benefits? I have been paying taxes for years.|||Unemployment benefits are provided by state unemployment insurance programs within guidelines established by Federal law.





Eligibility for unemployment insurance, benefit amounts and the length of time benefits are available are determined by state law.





You need to search for your answer in the website for your state. Where I live, permanent residents are eligible for unemployment checks, and I imagine that's true for the other 49 states.





Most states do not pass laws that are harmful to lawful permanent residents.|||yes, you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment