Thursday, December 15, 2011

My father inlaw is permanent resident of US. And her daughter losted her green card status.?

My father inlaw is permanent resident of US. And her daughter losted her green card status. Her father again sponsors her daughter and recently got approval. Tell me please how i can get visa. As we get marriad recently 3-months ago and her case was submitted by her father about two and half year before. And how much time embassy or consulate will take to give approval to go US with her?


Please reply me soon for us visa|||well, legal permanent residents can't sponsor married children. only US citizens can do that. so, when she married you, that made her petition null and void. he can file a new petition after he becomes a citizen, but for now, she's no longer eligible for a visa.|||Dear George





Thanks for your attention on my question. Her father has US citizenship. Sorry. Now let me know whats the probability for petition and how i can apply and how much time embassy will take?


Thanks George

Report Abuse


|||They should have notified USCIS that she was married. It would have meant you would have also derived a visa/green card at the same time.


Now you will have to wait until she becomes a US citizen in 5 years time before she can petition you. Then it will take roughly another year for the petition to be processed.|||Both answers are good.





Make sure no one lies about it. If you try to lie about your daughter's marital status, and Immigration and Consulate finds out, it will be a lifetime bar to get visa in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Nice thought came from you, I just noticed that this is about Green card application form and it was the detailed information that I need to complete my research.

    ReplyDelete