Thursday, December 15, 2011

I applied for green card through a sibling will I remain legal in the U.S after I loose my f1 status?

I am an f1 student and and I will finish studying very soon(few months),Will I be able to stay legal in the country in case I loose my status when I already applied for a green card through my sister?


I know it takes about 10 years to get the green card through a sibling, Will I remain legal until then?|||No, you cannot remain in the US while your sister's petition is pending. You must wait in your own country until a visa becomes available. Do not overstay your student visa! Do not do anything whatsoever which violates your visa regulations. If you do, you jeopardize your chance at future immigration.





BTW, a condition of issuing a student visa is that the student intends to return to their country of citizenship immediately upon completion or termination of studies. If you came to the US intending to get a green card, change status from student to LPR, you committed visa fraud. Be careful. You may be sliding on a very slippery slope here. Be sure you return to your country immediately upon completion or termination of your classes.|||Definitely not. The petition gives you no authority to remain in the US. Do not overstay. If you do, you will not only be ineligible for adjustment of status but you will also be ineligible for an immigrant visa.|||No. You should see if you can get another non-immigrant status until then.|||No. When your F1 visa is over,you have to go home. You cannot wait for your green card in the US.|||No, you will be illegally in the USA. You need to leave and wait in your own country.

No comments:

Post a Comment