Thursday, December 15, 2011

How long does it take for an out of status immigrant marrying a US citizen to get a green card?

I am a US citizen and my girlfriend of 4 years has overstayed her visa and is now out of status. If we were to get married, what would be the process %26amp; how long would the process take for her to get her green card? Citizenship?





Also what would we be looking to expect in terms of $$ for the whole process?





thanks in advance!


TM|||assuming she came in on a visa and not Visa Waiver, it would cost about $1400, and would probably take six months or so. you'd need to file an I-130 immigrant petition, an I-485 adjustement of status form and an I-765 work authorization form, and they should be filed together. check out www.uscis.gov for more information and downloadable forms. be sure to read through the instruction sheet for the I-485.|||Depends on many factor including type of visa


from deportation order ...to a sucessful application is possible








Gather you paperwork and go for a consultation with an


Aila lawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment