Thursday, December 15, 2011

Green card holder joining the army and married to a foreigner .What effects on her status?

I am a green card holder ,I will join the army soon .I would like to know what will be the effect on the status of my wife(we ll get married in 2 weeks) who is in the US under student visa.|||you can sponsor her for a greencard once you get married. It used to take years, but recently processing times shortened to under a year.





Once you filed for Adjustment of Status she is legal to stay in the US until she gets her greencard. Until she gets an employment authorization card she won't be able to work though.|||I would ask the recruiter they have probably dealt with this situation before and have resources to answer your question.|||personally I would wait until you et citizenship to marry ... makes life a lot easier

No comments:

Post a Comment